Sunday 29 December 2013

威尼斯; San Marco #1

Hello there! 
It's 10am here at the moment and I'm up! Not forgetting it's actually a Sunday. I haven't been sleeping very well lately, I guess I really don't want to accept the fact that I'm not prepared at all for my upcoming exams. I'm always doing this to myself. You may be thinking why I'm here blogging when I can spend time studying. Yes, I did study just now but I'm here again to escape from the reality just for a bit. 

Moving on from the last post, after we arrived at San Marco and checked in at our hotel, we were dead hungry. We looked around the place for good and cheap restaurants. Most of them are really pricey, we ended up at this restaurant in a random small alley. To be honest, most restaurants we saw around have the word PIZZA outside their restaurants but pizzas are not their signature dishes. It's very convenient in a way for tourists, it's like the word PIZZA means COME HERE FOR FOOD.

There you go ;  

Before we entered, we were looking at the menus outside. Italy in general is famous for their lobster spaghetti as well as squid ink pastas that will make your lips and teeth turn black after eating it. And of course, pizzas. So we decided to go for any restaurants that serve any of these.

Language is one main issue when you visit foreign countries, not everybody can understand my English, especially with my Malaysian accents. And also I do not like that people just assume that you are from China if you have yellow skin and then they expect you to respond to their random "你好" all the time. Well, I mean technically I am from China cause of my ancestors and everything, but let's not get on to that. So this happened:

Waiter: Ah hello hello! Come in come in!
Me: You have the spaghetti? *points at my lips* Then, black black?
Waiter: Oh yes yes! Where are you from? China? Korea?
Me: No. We're from Japan. 
BOOM!
He gave us both Japanese menus. HAHAHAHAHA!

Couz went over to the counter sneakily to get ourselves some English menus after. The waiter came to our table and we lied again, saying we're from China. He then gave us the 'I KNEW IT' face. Some things are just not meant to go your way, you know. 

My tired face ;

The restaurant looks so Italian, especially the checkered table cloth. *inserts random orchestra musics*

We were looking at wines cause it was freezing outside and we wanted to keep ourselves warm. We got the waiter to recommend good Italian wines and it was hilarious. He went like "This one", pointing at a few strong ones, "YAAAYYYYY!!" and then pointing at the list of average ones, he just went like "This one, meehhhh".


We got ourselves the average ones cause we couldn't afford expensive ones. HAH.

We've ordered three dishes, a starter and two mains to share. To be honest, we do not know what was the starter. They were basically seafoods and there were definitely prawn cocktails in them. You see the slices of meat there, the waiter claimed that they were fishes. He even did the fish swimming hand gestures and said bloop bloop when we asked. Still, we concluded that they were turkey and ham slices. They were really salty though but we've finished them. *proud tears*


Squid ink pasta, which was alright after trying more of it at other restaurants ;

And, pepperoni, peppers and onion pizzas, which was a super big portion that we couldn't finish ;

Just me checking myself out after eating the squid ink pasta, was really disappointed though cause my lips wasn't that black in the end ;

The service in that restaurant was amazing, I've never been so entertained by the people in a restaurant before. HAHAHA! We were really worn out after we got back into our rooms, so we headed to bed right after. #OneofAkind

Have a great Sunday and eat your breakfast!
zhi wei x

No comments:

Post a Comment