Wednesday 12 February 2014

C&R

Hello there! 
So the other day I went to C&R for some good Malaysian cuisine. It was my first time but not my brother's. He has always been telling me about this place ages ago but now I finally have the time to dine there with him. This place is located around Bayswater. It's probably just a few minutes walk from the tube station. 



It was quite empty when we were there cause we went there for early lunch.

 Brother looking happy with me x

P E A C E

Here's what we've ordered :

Hokkien Mee (Hokkien style noodles) ;


It was not very bad. We actually enjoyed this despite the noodles are not the fatter version like the ones in Malaysia. There were not much vegetables in this dish though. You have no idea how happy my brother was. I guess that was why he recommended this place to me. *face palms*

Nasi goreng (Malaysian fried rice) ;


This was generally okay. I especially love the fried egg. It tasted how the eggs should taste in Malaysia. You may think it's weird but the golden part of the egg made the whole egg crispy. The best part of such eggs is that when you take a bite, the oil will be squeezed out of it and then you're probably in Heaven. To be frank, I haven't try eggs like this since the first day I arrive in the UK.

Char Koay Teow (Malaysian fried flat noodles) ;


It was generally alright. I mean this dish basically tastes the same around this country. Nothing will ever beat the ones in Penang, Malaysia. I think they will need to add some crockels to enhance the taste of the noodles. (Talking like a chef eh) Crockels are probably not available here cause it's best fresh. I love crockels so much, especially the boiled ones and you dip them in sweet sauce <3

Lookin' satisfied brother? 


We just found out that there is a 10% discounts for students every Monday. We were there on a Sunday and were just like WTF it's tomorrow. We kinda have a little chat with the Malaysian staffs there. It was a lovely visit for us overall x

Met up with Sookie, one of my good high school friends from back home. 








Supported my one and only Ukrainamese lovely at the after showcase party.

Got this Russian salad from her 'cause she loves me :p x 
It's her modified version and I really, really love it. It's so easy to make but I'm just too lazy to make them. I'll post a recipe soon x

Lots of Love,
zhi wei x

No comments:

Post a Comment